Friday, August 13, 2010

Walk Left, Stand Right.

Please do not judge.

I understand that living in a foreign country also means that one must conform to the customs of said country.

Most of the time, I am very happy to conform. Really, I am.

But when one is running late for work, one seems to revert back to their cultural 'instincts' for how this "should be done", and one may have a tendency to display behaviours of the 'typical rude American', but in actuality, these behaviours are typical of a ‘late for work Canadian’.

I am sorry. But I like the logic of two lines on an escalator. Walk left, Stand Right. Walk right, Stand Left, it doesn't much matter to me, but the mayhem of the Budapest metro where it's walk, crawl, stand, sit, snort, waddle, dance, or embrace, cuddle, kick, kiss....well it was just too much this morning....

(on a separate note, Becca’s and a suit case of Canada is here! This excites me!).

That is all.

Goooodbiiyyyye (as the tram 4/6 says at the end of the line)

No comments:

Post a Comment