Monday, May 17, 2010

Gittyness, MRPs and Hungarian Music

First work night. Today at work was pretty cool as I experienced/participated/wrote/completed my first and second diplomatic task today.....to was pretty exciting for a nerdy person like me. But I am allowed to be tickled pink to get an email from the Ambassador saying that he liked and approved something that I co-wrote. right? This excitement made me realize that I should put my eloquent writing (and horrible editing) skills to work....so now I am acutally spending the night focusing on my MRP. For those who are unfamiliar with the MRP...it is the Major Research Paper component of my degree and the last thing I need to do in order to get my degree. I have been 'writing' this since January.....and it is due AT THE LATEST next April, but I don't want to be writing this in Australia. So for me, it is DUE ASAP!

As MRP is starting....this post will be short stints of thoughts from the day....like an extended FB/Twitter post:

1) Listening to hungarian radio in the background. All the English music is from the 1980s and 1990s. and I just heard Bon Jovi's "It's my life" in Hungarian. At the moment, it must be a Bon Jovi marathon of some sort because now they are playing living on a prayer. Its Tom Jones Sex Bomb!

2) This makes me want to research some information about Hungarian Pop stars to present the blogosphere (and everyone who reads me :). The Hungarian top 40 is currently populated with many of the songs that are on the top 40 around the globe, with some Hungarian additions. (for those interested, Number one is Fight for this love. BUT the top album is the Hungarian singer pop start heart throb.....Tabani Istvan (or, in English Istvan Tabani as in HU they reverse surnames and given names). I am listening to a song called Ments Meg! it's and intense love song. or a song about something desperate....it reminds me of 'hopelessly devoted" from Greese. It probably shouldn't but it does. But then again, Ments Meg literally means Save Me! so who knows eh? But I would caution this analysis as most people know, my brain makes very odd connections to try and recognize and remember things. Remember cicero and cereal?

Bon Bon, who hold the highest chart song (sitting at 2) is a softer sound, this one sounds like it should be in a Disney movie...scored by Phil Collins or something..... The lead singer of Bon Bon sort of looks like bono (he wears the dark sunglasses). The lead guy also plays the flute. kind of cool. there music seems very wholesome and just fun. I feel like I should hug someone at the moment....too bad the only person here is my roommate, who might think it odd that I go into her room to give her a hug....

3 comments:

  1. You will notice how this post abruptly ended....I was getting too into researching Hungarian pop music, and writing about it, considering posting you tube videos and not enough excitement for Oil and violent conflict..... Thanks for everyone's addresses!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... yeah, cut that off. Save you analysis skills for diamonds and oil and corrupt regimes and how that all relates to state building..(PS. I am also working on the MRP right now, in the library writing about Borders and Trade and planes and twin towers and trucks and friendly handshakes and all that...) but frankly I'm not all that into the charts right now, but actually, as I was telling someone earlier today... I was thinking of moving to Newwwwww Yooorkkk.... find out what my dreammms are madddde offff... I want to feeel braaand new... let big lights inspppiree you.... oh New York... I think I might just go. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. New York, New York, New york.I think you should. The UN is there. You could visit the UN. :)

    Completed what I needed to do last night, now I await for the go ahead....:)

    ReplyDelete