Saturday, June 26, 2010

Barking and Concentration

Yes, a random title.

please, let me explain.

On Concentration....

Today was the first day in a week that I lost complete concentration on my MRP. Really. I was useless. Even at my beautiful, quiet, non-granola-bar-wrapping-crackling-because-food and water-is-serious contraband, library.

It was also the first time I wished I was back in the MRT bunker, at least with people to yell at me to doing something, get off facebook, or at least, have lunch with :-).

No amount of natural light or properly tempered rooms could replace this. So don't worry you worry warts.

On Barking....

I left the library around 5 30 today and decided to my way to Nyugati Ter, where I could grab the tram home. It's probably at least a couple of Km's, but after sitting at the library being slightly SLIGHTY productive I needed a walk.

(FYI:Me needing a walk has nothing to do with the forthcoming barking story)

So right then, I was walking down away from CEU and well, walked by several shops, casually looking inside (like any normal person would do). Then I walked by a gyros shop that was very obviously not in operation (this was obviously as there was an absence of food and smell). But there was a man.. I made slight eye contact and was ready to smile and say 'csia' the hungarian version of aloha....but before my lips and mouth could get into proper form to produce the sound- he barked. really. like a dog. and took a step down towards the window towards me. barking.

It was totally odd.

I just starred at him, making the decision that it is probably best just to continue walking....

but he barked, like a dog.

did i miss something, is this a new trend?

(I made it to Ngyuati Ter, stopped at Tesco to buy a lemon, and hopped on the tram home, which is where I find myself now. The lemon was for dinner. well, it was a part of dinner).

but seriously....he barked...

3 comments: